- To bring together a group of people who are dedicated, committed, knowledgeable and has the will to contribute, in a professional manner, towards enhancing occupational safety and health in Malaysia.
Qualifications and admission
- Ordinary membership is open to individuals who are Malaysian citizen and corporations incorporated under the Companies Act 2016 or organizations set up under the Societies Act 1966 which have the same or similar objectives or an interest in achieving the Institute’s objectives.
- Non-citizen may be admitted as Associate Members but shall have no voting rights and shall not be eligible to hold any office.
- Honorary member, does not have voting rights, and is not required to sign any application form. He / She shall not be required to pay any prescribed entry fee and annual subscription fee.
- Applications for membership shall be registered using online forms and accompanied by an entrance fee and annual subscription fee once approved by the Board
- Membership for corporation is limited to companies approved by the Board and does not include subsidiary companies. Subsidiaries are required to submit separate applications for membership. As such, membership benefits are only given to the registered company. This is also applicable to companies, which are members of a society/ body with NIOSH membership. Benefits of membership are only given to the society/ body and do not extend to its members. Members are required to submit separated applications for membership.
- Corporate membership entitles the corporation to submit names of up to three (3) nominees as members to represent them.
- Successful application will be officially informed by mail.
Ordinary Membership (Individual):
- One who has been professionally practicing in the area of occupational safety and health for a minimum of three (3) years; with the intention to promote OSH to a higher level.
- One who has contributed significantly in the area of OSH policy development and implementation, research, consultation, information dissemination and training of OSH
Ordinary Membership (Corporate):
- An corporation / organization /association certified with Occupational Safety and Health Management system ISO 45001 AND
- A corporation / organization / associations which has made a significant contribution to the development and implementation of policies, research, consultation, information dissemination and training of OSH; OR
- A corporation / organization /associations which may create business opportunities for NIOSH
- Non-citizen who has been professionally practicing in the area of occupational safety and health for a minimum of three (3) years; with the intention to promote OSH to a higher level.
- Non-citizen who has contributed significantly in the area of OSH policy development and implementation, research, consultation, information dissemination and training of OSH
- The honorary member may be invited by the Board, which no minimum requirement needed as long as he/she can create business opportunities for NIOSH.
- Ordinary Membership (Corporate):
Entrance RM 1,200.00
Annual Subscription RM 300.00
- Ordinary Membership (Individual) AND Associate Membership:
Entrance RM 500.00
Annual Subscription RM 100.00
- Application for membership approved before June 30 are required to pay the fully yearly fee. Those approved after July 1, are required to pay half the yearly fee for the first year.
- As for those who failed to pay the annual fee till 31st Dec for that particular year, the ‘STATUS’ of the Member will be inactive. If the members fail to pay for more than one (1) year, the Board has the right to terminate their membership
- Readmission of the member shall be under the discretion of the Board.